Our time in India is closing quickly and the 'lasts of things' and the final visits have started. Jack had his final football match with Stonehill yesterday and he had so much fun playing with his buddies and they even managed a win against CIS 4-2. It was only a friendly game but in true Jack style we were playing for pride and always to WIN !
I know there are lots of boring pics of Jack playing football but I just love watching him play with these boys. They have been so wonderful for him to get to know and to have them as part of his life. The celebrations and comradeship between this young group is lovely to see. Lets hope we can stay in touch with some of them and hopefully meet up in Asia somewhere.
I had my final Pokeno evening last night and am happy to report on two things:
1. I managed to win and bring home 2 gifts
and
2. I managed to leave Sue's house without crying !!
I am scared to start crying, because I am not sure if I start when those tears will stop ! This goodbye thing is just not happening. I have decided that I will be saying 'see you soon' as goodbye is way too permanent ! These girls have made a 'hardship' assignment so much easier and I couldn't have done as much as we have done without them.
On a funny note, (and I hope Jacob is reading this) I was at the pool today in Palm Meadows and I had a man come up to me and ask if I was Susie and if I wrote a blog. He and his family have just moved here to Bangalore and have used my blog as 'research' material - how funny is that - I have 'followers'? Jacob I hope you can use my travel blogs for getting to see this crazy country and you have as much fun as we have had in our time here. Also, when I start my Hong Kong blog, I hope you follow that one too and see lots of Asia as well as India.
Today is the boys last playdate with friends - they have had a friend each to play ALL day ! How good is that - pool, football, pool, handball, football, pool, football - you get the gist. They are going to find it hard to say the final' see you soon' !
Tomorrow is another day of finals........ sniff sniff !!
I know there are lots of boring pics of Jack playing football but I just love watching him play with these boys. They have been so wonderful for him to get to know and to have them as part of his life. The celebrations and comradeship between this young group is lovely to see. Lets hope we can stay in touch with some of them and hopefully meet up in Asia somewhere.
I had my final Pokeno evening last night and am happy to report on two things:
1. I managed to win and bring home 2 gifts
and
2. I managed to leave Sue's house without crying !!
I am scared to start crying, because I am not sure if I start when those tears will stop ! This goodbye thing is just not happening. I have decided that I will be saying 'see you soon' as goodbye is way too permanent ! These girls have made a 'hardship' assignment so much easier and I couldn't have done as much as we have done without them.
On a funny note, (and I hope Jacob is reading this) I was at the pool today in Palm Meadows and I had a man come up to me and ask if I was Susie and if I wrote a blog. He and his family have just moved here to Bangalore and have used my blog as 'research' material - how funny is that - I have 'followers'? Jacob I hope you can use my travel blogs for getting to see this crazy country and you have as much fun as we have had in our time here. Also, when I start my Hong Kong blog, I hope you follow that one too and see lots of Asia as well as India.
Today is the boys last playdate with friends - they have had a friend each to play ALL day ! How good is that - pool, football, pool, handball, football, pool, football - you get the gist. They are going to find it hard to say the final' see you soon' !
Tomorrow is another day of finals........ sniff sniff !!
| My final Pokeno ! |












No comments:
Post a Comment