Sunday, 2 December 2012

Boys..... Will be boys

I know this blog is supposed to about our impending move to India but I am going to have 'rant' about boys!
As the mother of 2 boys (7 and 5 years) I am struggling to come to terms with their physical behaviour's. They are just so boisterous and they really have no concept of just how hard they pursue 'life'. In the last month I have had to visit Emergency twice and have seen more blood then I care to remember.
The first incident was with 7 year old who was playing basketball at school and tripped over his own feet while sprinting and fell head first onto a bench - resulting in his head being superglued back together!
The second incident was 5 year old who was attempting to kick a ball and misjudged the shot and kicked the door frame. He kicked it so hard that he split his little toe webbing from his foot - resulted in 4 stitches!
Now, why after this have a decided to write about this today? Well today both boys were playing happily in 7 year olds bedroom and his brother kindly tossed a toy across the room hitting him in the mouth - we now have the tooth fairy visiting tonight!
I am starting to be embarrassed by the 'incidents' that happen and am waiting for the authorities to knock on the door. Are all boys with brothers like this? Girls just seem so much calmer. My brother and i had our share of accidents but nothing like these two. I have started to not panic when there's a scream from the other room! I better start planning the quickest route to Emergency in Bangalore ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment