Monday, 15 April 2013

It's becoming very real....

The countdown is now one - we are 11 weeks from the big move to India.  I cannot belive how quickly the time is flying by.  The boys are currently having a 2 week vacation at their grandparents in QLD - I'm sure they don't want to come home but I am starting to really miss them.  Not the mess or noise, just their silliness.

I have spent the time culling toys and cleaning the house from head to toe.  Amazing what you find when you pull everything out of your childrens cupboards - food, pens, usb keys, socks, library books, socks, the 'lost' watch, lego, socks, sand..... oh the sand, more lego, and, of course, more socks.  I am starting to think Jack is a centipede (with no shoes on !!)

Cleaning windows was a fun job - NOT !! The maid has that to look forward to in India, as that will be no longer on my to-do-list.  oh, and cleaning floors and washing my sheets every other day !!  Can't wait to have that clean crispness as often as I want.

I have been putting together the photos and music for our farewell - now that is fun !!  I can't wait to have everyone back together for a good old party.

Mike is currently in Bangalore looking for a house - he has had lots of fun with the 'process' and is starting to get to know the 'Indian way' very well.  He is liking the sound of the clubhouse weekends - long lunches and swimming with the kids.  Can't wait for summer all year round.

Paperwork is killing me - I am receiving, on average, 12 emails a day in regards to the move and then there is all the things to cancel, change and notify from Australia.  So I better get back to it.

11 weeks and counting.....
Sus

No comments:

Post a Comment