Friday, 29 November 2013

Saying goodbye is Sh*t

Most people hate saying goodbye and I am definitely one of those people! We said goodbye to Mum and Dad this morning and the tears were flowing freely...... Poor Anthony had a basket case on his hands for the hour plus drive home from the airport.

Being so far away from family is the single hardest thing about being overseas. I am finding it extra hard now that we have kids. When I was travelling in my twenties, I was probably too selfish (and drunk) to miss home so much but now it's very different. 

The boys love their grandparents so very much and that special relationship is such a fond memory of mine from childhood. Seeing the boys having such a wonderful time with them and showing them India has been very special. One I will treasure.

I knew that this was going to be tough but wasn't quite prepared for just how sad I would be when they left. Six and a half months is a long time before seeing them again and so much will happen. Skype and FaceTime are just not the same as having a cup of tea and chatting.

I know I'm being a baby and I need to be strong for my boys - I'm a grown woman with and family of my own but I'm always going to be my parents little girl. Today I will just be sad 😢


No comments:

Post a Comment