I have seen a few of these but never had my camera with me. So, in India most people cannot afford to have dental care, even when the cost is very reasonable. Most Indians don't see the benefit in the outlay of money on their teeth and, then when the need is urgent it is too late. There are many street dentists around and they are quite the sight to see. Just the thought of visiting a dentist on the footpath in the dust and dirt is too much to bare.
The patient comes forward with an issue and they negotiate to pay whatever they can afford for the work that the dentist will do. I am assuming that major work is done over a longer length of time, in the hope of more money changing hands.
This man didn't seem in much pain but was not too happy with me taking photos. Some of the before and after shots displayed on the posters are classic. As you can imagine the sterilisation process is non-existent and the tools are from the dark ages. While we were watching today, there was a mixture of white powder and water in a bowl and then applied to his teeth. Who knows what that was for??
I think I'll stick to my dentist in an office for now :)
 |
I'm assuming the Buddha will bring good luck
|
|
 |
| Before and Afters |
 |
| The workbench |
.
 |
| Dentist and Patient |
 |
| The options available |
 |
| Moulds |
 |
| Veneer options |
No comments:
Post a Comment