Thursday, 6 March 2014

Ups and downs

As you all know, Mike and I had the trip of a lifetime to the Maldives last week and returned on Tuesday evening.

I had always been told that returning is one of the hardest parts of travelling outside of India and I was probably more prepared for Mike to be grumpy than me. I definitely wasn't prepared for how much I would feel 'down'.  This was my first 'exit' from India in 8 months and, to be honest, it just made 'it' even more real on return.

I haven't wanted to leave the house, to exercise, to play outside with the boys - nothing. Work has kept me busy but I really wasn't prepared for how 'crap' I feel.  I can only imagine how bad I'm going to be after 7 weeks in Australia!!

The boys are also on holidays and Jack has been sick with another infection and fever, so not really the way you want to spen your spring holiday. I even struggled to get excited about Max losing his first tooth!! However, he produced enough excitement for us all.

I am hoping that by writing this blog and acknowledging how down I feel that it will pull me out of this 'funk' and I will be back enjoying all the expat joys that are bestowed upon is. Maybe hit the gym tomorrow and sweat away the misery - I could also go to the pool and pretend it's the Maldives!!

98 days and counting until we are Brisbane bound. xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment