Saturday, 1 March 2014

Pure Heaven - The Maldives

Many of you already know and have been flooded with my Facebok photos of our trip to the Maldives but I couldn't NOT do a blog on, what can only be described as 'paradise'.

We have come to the Four Seaons in the Madives for our 10 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 10 years - we have seen and done so much and are now on a true adventure in India. I am so very lucky to have such a wonderful man by my side on this great journey.

The resort is just perfect. And coming from India and it's constant 'dirt and dust', to be in such pristine and beautiful surrounds has been amazing. The service and quality of everything here is first class and I feel so very very privileged to do this once in my life. The boys begged to come but we let them know that if they worked hard and make sacrifices, they just might get here by the time their 40!

The service provided here is like no other I have ever experienced. Everyone, and I mean everyone has a huge smile on their face all day long - and why wouldn't you? We have had complimentary champagne, fruit platters, arrival photos.....they just do it all right.  

I arranged for us to have a moonlight anniversary dinner on the beach - the most romantic night EVER !! And then Mike arranged his and hers massages on the little island opposite the resort. The massage table was placed over a glass floor to see all the fish and coral below - amazing!!  Our villa has a swim-off deck into the coral reef with so many different types of fish I can't even commence to describe the experience.

On a lighter note, we saw a recently opened Burger King at the airport and cannot believe we may actually get a whopper with real beef - rather than a maharaja chicken burger.....crossed fingers.

Another funny one was having life vests in our bathroom - well, our villa is over the water and there are many Japanese guests who appear to be terrified of the ocean.....

I can die happy right now - I have experienced heaven!

Here are just a couple of snaps.















No comments:

Post a Comment