I'm not sure if you're going to be able to watch the attached video - I really hope so. If not, maybe copy and paste this link: http://youtu.be/CpjBiBVNxzA
Last night at about 10.45pm there were massive bangs from a very close distance to Palm Meadows. They were incredibly loud, and much louder than the very common fireworks that are used at every festival or celebration. Initially, I thought it was fireworks but the timing and severity of the bangs made me realised otherwise. It was not so close, that I thought it was in the community but scared me enough to get up and have a look and see if I could see anything. From the balcony I couldn't see anything as it was the other direction but I could certainly hear and feel it.
The cause of the explosion was an unauthorised warehouse where they were filling domestic gas bottles illegally. This is so common place that my maid just thought it normal - and she said ' they are cheaper Madam'.......... really but at what cost ??!! There were 3 people injured inthe blasts - one critically.
It was the first time I have really felt scared here in Bangalore. We have elections here in couple of weeks and there is always the worry that extremists will do something stupid. My first thoughts were of this last night and that we could be in for this in the next couple of weeks leading up to the election.
Lets hope the 3 people make a recovery and the owner of the warehouse is brought to justice - however I think that will be very unlikely !!
No comments:
Post a Comment