So, what can I say about Snow City in Bangalore ? We visited today for a friends birthday party. Well, it will be a single visit destination for Susie, that's for sure. I am happy to admit that the 'cold' is not my generally my thing. However, that has nothing to do with my reason not to return to Snow City.
The advertisement for this place reads: 'Oh the snow, the beautiful snow, filling the sky and earth below, over the housetops, over the street, over the heads of the people you meet. Dancing and Skimming along." One of the biggest indoor snow park and entertainment centres in South India (questionable on the entertainment comment…I say) It's main aim is to 'entice tourists from all over India to Bangalore and to be the flagship project of Karnataka Tourism. It is a must visit attraction.
Well, they are in dire straits if that is the case. Given the 'Indian rules' for must-have tickets for entry that are never actually provided, mothers not able to enter to assist kids with getting dressed into the disgusting snow gear provided, to the need for a ticket to 'exit' the building, I question their ability to be the 'must visit' attraction. No one could speak any English, apart from the basic 'ticket madam', 'no size boots madam', 'no trousers madam', 'ticket madam' !!! Another downfall for their 'must visit tourist attraction'.
Jack has only seen snow once in his life (sad as that is) but even he was not that impressed with India's big snow flurry and snow slide. The boots provided all leaked, resulting in the kids feet freezing to the point that they needed to 'get out' quickly. I understand that the European expats who attended and had full winter snow gear of their own had a much more enjoyable experience and definitely stayed in the -5 degree 'warehouse' a lot longer. However, given the advertising for 'full snow gear provided' and the knowledge that 99% of Indian people will not have winter clothing to assist in -5 temperatures, I think the concept may have missed the mark. They offered light jackets and gloves and small numbers of wet odd sized boots.
So what is in there: snow balling, mountain climbing, sliding, dancing alongside a fantasy snow castle. In Jack's words - snow, air conditioning, a castle at the back, stairs to a slide and balls to throw at people. We had a snow fight with our friends but it was freezing so we came out.
I stayed outside and had a very Indian coffee - eek !! and then the boys were out pretty quickly. We had the birthday party in the courtyard which, oddly, had a fenced off termite house. This might be a whole other blog, but the termite house is usually a home to a snake, and then, the Hindus who worship the snake god, worship at the termite mound, and place symbols of worship on it. Great place for it at a kids play area of Snow City………
Here are a couple of photos from today - I didn't go inside, so don;t have any of Jack and his friends but here is one I found.
Well, they are in dire straits if that is the case. Given the 'Indian rules' for must-have tickets for entry that are never actually provided, mothers not able to enter to assist kids with getting dressed into the disgusting snow gear provided, to the need for a ticket to 'exit' the building, I question their ability to be the 'must visit' attraction. No one could speak any English, apart from the basic 'ticket madam', 'no size boots madam', 'no trousers madam', 'ticket madam' !!! Another downfall for their 'must visit tourist attraction'.
Jack has only seen snow once in his life (sad as that is) but even he was not that impressed with India's big snow flurry and snow slide. The boots provided all leaked, resulting in the kids feet freezing to the point that they needed to 'get out' quickly. I understand that the European expats who attended and had full winter snow gear of their own had a much more enjoyable experience and definitely stayed in the -5 degree 'warehouse' a lot longer. However, given the advertising for 'full snow gear provided' and the knowledge that 99% of Indian people will not have winter clothing to assist in -5 temperatures, I think the concept may have missed the mark. They offered light jackets and gloves and small numbers of wet odd sized boots.
So what is in there: snow balling, mountain climbing, sliding, dancing alongside a fantasy snow castle. In Jack's words - snow, air conditioning, a castle at the back, stairs to a slide and balls to throw at people. We had a snow fight with our friends but it was freezing so we came out.
I stayed outside and had a very Indian coffee - eek !! and then the boys were out pretty quickly. We had the birthday party in the courtyard which, oddly, had a fenced off termite house. This might be a whole other blog, but the termite house is usually a home to a snake, and then, the Hindus who worship the snake god, worship at the termite mound, and place symbols of worship on it. Great place for it at a kids play area of Snow City………
Here are a couple of photos from today - I didn't go inside, so don;t have any of Jack and his friends but here is one I found.

No comments:
Post a Comment