Tuesday, 17 June 2014

At what age does it change ?

Having my boys spend time with my parents is such a lovely experience for both them and I. So, we are all treasuring these few weeks we will have together.  I have such find memories of the holidays and long weekends I spent with my grandparents and all the things they taught me.  I see Jack and Max learning things every day from Ma and Pop and how fulfilling that is for us all.  There are lots of questions from them both, and they intently listen to 'most' of the answers.  There are many 'different' sights to see on a farm, compared to our life in Sydney or Bangalore, and I am very glad that they are getting the opportunity to experience it all.

Thinking of this special time and I now wonder how long this will last for and at what age will they say that they would prefer to spend time with their buddies over time with their grandparents ?  I don't remember when it was for me - probably not until I was in high school.  My grandparents always had something wonderful to share with me.  Whether it be insights into their childhoods, the war, things to do with plants and gardens, cooking, computers, card games, musical theatre, politics..... they are just so such fabulous memories that I have, and I hope my boys also get these.

My parents have more patience and take the time to explain and share the 'life on the farm'.  They are always happy to stop and help the boys with anything they need and provide help and guidances where necessary.  I am always trying to juggle work, shopping, cooking, cleaning, washing, phone calls, emails....... there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.  And I always seem to be the big day ogre doing the discipline - just ask Jack !!

Anyway, I hope one day (many many many years from now) I get to share my 'spare time' with some little ones, and prove some of my life knowledge to them.  And to have all those cuddles.........  For now, I just love to watch my boys have their turn. xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment