Wednesday, 25 June 2014

What do we miss from India ?

It is very obvious how much we love being back at home in Australia and how much we are enjoying all of the home comforts. My waistline is definitely feeling the effects of it all.  However, there are things from India that we do miss.

The number one thing at the moment is Mike (my husband) as he is still there for another couple of weeks without us and it's always hard being apart.  However, leaving him in India is even harder, wondering what whacky things could happen without us there.

Our new expat friends - many of us are off visiting our home countries, family and friends so there is not too much sadness.  But I still think of them all often and wonder what they are up to.  We are looking forward to meeting up again and starting another year of fun and adventure.  The boys often speak of their friends and look forward to seeing them all again in August.

Talking of adventure - we miss discovering new places. Even the crazy places of India.  We have so many new adventures on our list for the next 12 months - Varanassi, Calcutta, Sri Landka, Chennai, Udaipur....... how much fun we have ahead of us discovering what they have to offer us.

Routine - oh, how I love a good routine, and being on holidays blows that completely out of the water.  So, the days are filled with me trying to work and the boys trying to stop me.  Not really, but how I would love to take 8 weeks off and really enjoy it all, or have a proper routine back in Oz.

With it being winter in Australia, you probably expect me to miss the warmer weather.   I still don't miss that incredible heat and humidity of Bangalore. I cannot complain of winter in South East QLD, its perfect, with clear blue days and crisp evenings.  Maybe, I miss the weekends by the pool, just a bit.

Finally, I do find myself missing the 'unknown'.  Every day is an adventure in India, even if I don't leave the house, and I somehow miss that craziness.  Seems weird to have so much normality and to now look for some 'crazy'?!

For now, I am happy enjoying Australia for all it has to offer.......





No comments:

Post a Comment