Today, the boys and I headed to the Gold Coast for the morning to do some shopping - I had a few things I needed to get done and the boys were keen to have McDonalds. Real McDonalds, with actual beef and no spices !! The menu was a sight for sore eyes - none of the following were in sight: the Chicken Maharaja burger, Mcveggie burger, McSpicey Paneer Burger, McAloo Tikka ....... just the standard menu which normally I roll my eyes at for a 'meal' with the boys but not today - we were all smiles. I headed straight for sushi - I have my priorities straight !!
We had the loveliest time sharing the 'normality' of life 'out of India' ! The boys were completely blown away by the calmness of the roads, and the clear driving rules that they saw. They were having so much fun looking at signs and signals and then making sure the I followed the rules - too funny. 'Mum, it said 90km, your doing 92......' I have my own little policemen in the car.
Max just kept talking about the differences :
We had the loveliest time sharing the 'normality' of life 'out of India' ! The boys were completely blown away by the calmness of the roads, and the clear driving rules that they saw. They were having so much fun looking at signs and signals and then making sure the I followed the rules - too funny. 'Mum, it said 90km, your doing 92......' I have my own little policemen in the car.
Max just kept talking about the differences :
- 'there are actual rubbish bins Mum, not just piles of rubbish that someone sets fire too!
- no coconut stalls every 5 metres
- the air is so clean, and with clouds in it
- The roads are actually roads - not dirt tracks
- The cars and trucks all look new - not all broken
Then we arrived at the shopping centre and they kicked into overdrive ! They couldn't decide what they wanted more of: pies, sausage rolls, boost juice, Rebel Sport, Nike shoe store, Burger King, Subway (with no slugs in the lettuce), BIG W, Target....... they were hilarious.
They were so happy to not be harassed by people wanting their photos or to pinch their cheeks. The joy of just shopping and being left alone. We were also VERY happy to not be security checked at EVERY shop, and entry and exit point of the mall. Max has constant run-ins with the security guys in India - particularly the ones at the top and bottom of the escalators, as he is 'unable' to stand still on an escalator, walking or jumping his way up or down, and apparently that is a security-breach !! He has had the whistle blown at him on many an occasion.
We finished off with a trip into Woolworths to do a few groceries and I think they had as much fun as I did last week. Their eyes were was big as saucers looking at strawberries, fresh bread, cereals (our biggest issue for Jack in India), biscuits, candy..... you name it, they were in heaven !! Final stop was the fish shop for some beautiful flathead fillets for dinner - the simple joys of living in Australia.
As you can see, we are thoroughly enjoying our time at home.
Just a couple of pics of the time we have had at Mum and Dads:
No comments:
Post a Comment