We have been home from India for three days and we are having so much fun ! The boys and I have been spoiled rotten and are LOVING it. My parents have bought the boys a small motorbike each to ride on the farm for the month we are here and they are loving it ! It is the first and last thing on their minds. I have been showered with gifts for my birthday and then spoiled with my favourite meals.
I am enjoying being a little bit 'cool' rather than constantly sweating form morning to night. The weather at my parents place is beautiful at this time of year - clear, crisp days and then cool nights which are just perfect for a good nights sleep. The boys are still able to run around in shorts and t-shirts playing football without any worries. Pure heaven for these two.
I ventured away from the farm today and headed to the Gold Coast for some first world shopping. Oh what fun I had. My main thoughts from my 5 hours out and about were:
To shopping:
I am enjoying being a little bit 'cool' rather than constantly sweating form morning to night. The weather at my parents place is beautiful at this time of year - clear, crisp days and then cool nights which are just perfect for a good nights sleep. The boys are still able to run around in shorts and t-shirts playing football without any worries. Pure heaven for these two.
I ventured away from the farm today and headed to the Gold Coast for some first world shopping. Oh what fun I had. My main thoughts from my 5 hours out and about were:
- All the cars were following the road rules - including staying within their lanes !
- The roads were safe and 'finished' - wow it was nice to just drive and not have to worry about cars, dogs, cows or people jumping in front of the car from all directions.
- No speed bumps - yippee !
- All vehicles appeared to be road-worthy - what a surprise and great comfort.
- Traffic lights that people actually obeyed
Enough about traffic and roads.
To shopping:
- I was creating quite the scene when I was grinning like a cheshire cat while walking through the supermarket. It was so nice to have EVERYTHING you want and also the option to buy things in 'packs' not individuals. I had people asking me if 'I was ok?' 'Oh yes, just having fun grocery shopping' - what ????!!!
- The scanning of items at the supermarket register was a much nicer experience even with the pimply young teenager grinning at me. They just scanned and packed without any issues.
- Even the visit to the Telstra shop didn't put me off enjoying the shopping experience.
- I was like a kid in a candy store - fresh salads, gorgeous fruit and vegetables, fresh meat, bakeries etc. All of this under one roof and so accessible.
Luxuries:
- Public restrooms that I could actually visit without worrying about my immediate health.
- The ability to drive my own vehicle (even if it was my brother's Hilux ute) and park by myself
- Coffee...... such beautiful, beautiful coffee.
- Buying wine....... such beautiful, beautiful wine.
I am going to thoroughly enjoy these 8 weeks for all it's first world comforts.
No comments:
Post a Comment