Well, we are back - back in Bangalore. We arrived at 1am Sunday morning and it didn't take long for me to face the frustration of the Indian officials. There were two international flights that arrived within 10 minutes of each other and there were NO immigration cards available for completion !! None ! The airlines didn't provide the documents as required by passengers, like all other airlines, and there were people everywhere asking for the forms !!! Some very unhappy passengers at 1am !! And when the issue was pointed out to an official, he still seemed clueless but managed to fond a handful of forms for completion.
We eventually got the formalities done and headed to collect our 8 checked in bags ......all full of goodies from home. Luckily there are very few restrictions on imports - definitely not food and toiletries, which made up the bulk of stuff in our bags.
As we left the airport I had a man jump out and ask of I was staying at the ITC (a hotel in town) - at this point I had to accept that no, I live here ! The poor guy backed off pretty damn quickly when he heard the tone in my voice.
Monsoon has commenced here in India and the roads are in quite a state. Some of the potholes from airport were the size of a small car !! Oh well, back to sitting in traffic for longer than needed, and we are home by 3am.
It's very nice to be back in our house and surrounded by our own stuff but we miss all that Australia has to offer - but mostly family and friends. Luckily we all had busy days today to keep our minds off home. The boys started school today and are all very happy with their classes and teachers - let's hope for another good year ahead.
I am not looking forward to venturing out of Palm Meadows - maybe it's the jetlag and exhaustion talking but I might wait a bit longer before immersing myself back into Indian life 😁
No comments:
Post a Comment