We are progressing with all the tasks to be done for our departure. Today was the delivery of the wine to the cellar - we cannot take it with us as India has such high duty on imported alcohol, so it is being cellared. Mike is very happy about this, as it allows him to keep collecting...... I am not so sure :) I have been clever enough to have the cellar in my name, so all contact is with me....... that should limit the damage !
We are now in the process of selling the car, which is probably the last BIG job to be done before we leave. I feel like it is all coming together now, and living out of a suitcase is actually not as bad as I have imagined. I may change my mind in another 6 weeks !!
Our lease is finalised in India, which gives us some comfort, as the bureaucracy to get things done has meant the lease has been 'in progress' since April !! It is crazy. I have only seen photos of the house, so am very keen to arrive and finally see our new home. Hopefully the ship is on it's way and our stuff will arrive sooner rather than later.
18 days........
No comments:
Post a Comment