Monday, 24 June 2013

Staying in touch

I have spent the last couple of months saying goodbye.  I have said farewell to family, my beloved dog, a job, our house, friends close and not so close.  Apart from the obvious tears with my Mum and Dad, it has been quite a numbing experience and I have put that down to it not actually feeling like I am leaving.  In this day and age with Facebook, email, blogs, Facetime and many other technological avenues, it is near impossible to actually LOSE contact with people.

I am trying to convince everyone that being in India will not really make a difference to our relationships, as we can stay in touch as much as we do now.  However, I think the reality is actually 'out of sight, out of mind'!!

Having not worked for the last 3 weeks, it is very obvious how much more time I have on my hands, to stay connected with friends.  It has been easier to call, email, have a cuppa, lunch with girlfriends but that is all about to end and it will be a whole new process of filling the calendar with social events.  Meeting new people and getting new friendships started.

Maybe I am delusional but I am so desperately hoping that being in India will not effect the lovely friendships I have.  It is a long way, but we are always in each others hearts and minds.  Stay in touch everyone - even if its' just an email occasionally or an FB post.

No comments:

Post a Comment