So today has marked another step towards our big move to Bangalore. My family said goodbye to my Mum - there were lots of tears and the boys are very sad to think of the months ahead without visits from my Mum and Dad or trips to the farm. The reality is really starting to sink in every time the boys have to say goodbye to someone or something and the fear/uncertainity they have to whats ahead. The last few months have been full of goodbyes - our beloved puppy to a new home, our friends at our farewell, my work, our house, our parents..... it just seems to be endless at the moment. I cannot wait for some hellos !!
My parents are a very special part of my life and they have become such a wonderful influence on our boys - even though at times when my Mum is visiting I don't like my children's behaviour very much :) The relationship with grandparents is such a wonderful memory later in life - my memories are filled with mini-adventures of learning unusual things and all the 'time' they had for me. My maternal grandfather was the instigator for my love of computers and his patience and calm nature was loved by us all. My Grandma was the logical, methodical, accountant brain that has influenced me so much and she had a way of just 'getting it done' that I hope I can emulate. They instilled in me the belief that I can achieve anything if I just keep trying. I hope they would be very proud of me for accepting this challenge of moving away from the 'safe' options. My paternal grandparents also had a significant impact on my life with their determination and their work ethic that I hope has passed on to me and then to my children.
I am sure my boys already have a wonderful set of grandparent memories from both sides of our family and the ones that are coming up are going to be even better. Care packages arriving from Australia, video calls with updates on everything we do, and then the upcoming visits to our very exciting future home. I know today is a sad day but we are very much looking forward to the smiles and hugs on arrival in India.
Love to all in my extended family.xxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment