Today has really given me some perspective that I think was well overdue. Both my boys have been sick over night - nothing too serious but it is always a reminder of how fragile they are and how much they rely on our love and care. Those cries for 'mummy' and the cuddles and smiles that then follow are all you need to know you're doing an ok job as a parent. It also reminds me of how all the 'other stuff' (washing, ironing, cleaning, facebook, work emails etc) is always going to be there and the only judgement that matters is that of the ones I love. Who cares if the washing is not done or the ironing done for the week.
I also found out that someone I love dearly has been unwell and hasn't felt able to share how sick she has been. I cannot believe that I have been so blinkered with everything that I have going on not to noticed a loved-one in need. I have been so busy with my own life and our move to India that I have put a lot of slack communication with people down to my lack of time and effort in staying in touch. It seems that she is getting the help she needs but with distance now being such an issue, I hope that the loved ones close to my friend are there for her all the time.
I am often heard to be saying how 'busy' I am, or how the days are just flying by. I think I need to take this time that has now been given to me with our move overseas to ensure I stay connected with the ones that truly matter and ensure we are able to keep each other loved and informed.
Moving away from family and friends is hard but I hope it will also make me cherish them even more. The time we get to spend together, and speak on the phone or video needs to be valued and keep each other at the forefront of our minds. It is a lesson I want my boys to learn in the coming years - that distance between people is only space - it does not remove the love you have. Stay safe everyone.xxx
So true!
ReplyDelete