The set up issues are already starting and I haven't even left Sydney.....
Driver/Car : We have our driver organised - Anthony (yes very authentic Indian name...) was the driver for the previous ex-pats in Mikes position. I met him whilst in Bangalore in September and he drove me around for the afternoon. He was highly recommend to us and I was happy to employ him as he didn't smell bad (a serious issue for me) and he didn't make me car sick (another BIG issue in my mind, and stomach). The small issue of me not understanding a word he said was of little concern - 2 out of 3 ain't bad ? Mike is not in agreement - he only met Anthony this week and is a little concerned that he couldn't capture anything he said, and how is he going to communicate on a daily basis - oops :)
Shipment - apparently all our belongings are in Bahrain !!! work that one out - Sydney to Bangalore via Bahrain...... lets cross our fingers they arrive by Christmas ! I am not confident.
House - not specific to the house, but there are people assigned to us for everything ..... it is crazy. I don't think I have spoken to or contacted the same person for any two things. It is an amazing approach to employment. We now have Madhusudhan who has be assigned to us in the role of 'Manager - Settling In' - WOW !! what a job. When I read that I thought, what a cool cruisy job, but no, he is actually only the Manager, he has a team that will actually assist us - so what is Madhusudhan actually doing - emailing ? His team will help with things like:
1) Checking the inventory of the premises.
2) Demo of White goods.
3) Taking electricity meter readings. (Bangalore Electric Supply Company-BESCOM).
4) Taking move in photographs of the premises for the record.
5) Handing of the premises keys.
6) Signing of the move in checklist.
7) Choosing Gas supplier
the list goes on.....
What would I have done without this team of helpers ?? Oh hang on, what did I do without them in Sydney ? oh yeah, did it myself.......
My life ahead. xx
No comments:
Post a Comment