Sunday, 26 January 2014

Happy Australia Day

Today was Australia Day and Indian Republic Day - sadly we only celebrate Australia Day. I decided that given the amount of wine and pavlova I would eat this afternoon that I would go for a morning run. The below images are from my 5km run outside of Palm Meadows early this morning.  It was so much fun to try and capture what is just outside our gates.  As you can see by the second last photo, it is black and white as a comparison.  However, I would like to say that we are very grateful for our friends here in Bangalore for making this day so fun.  We had a lovely afternoon at Brett and Leisa's (our Aussie Mates) along with many Americans, South Africans, Dutch and English expats.  It is fun to make these special days and even more fun with our new friends because they appreciate what it is like to be away on these days..

Hope you all had a great Australian Day - Aussie Aussie Aussie !!!!
Aussie Aussie Aussei

My morning run - just outside Palm Meadows

The slum alongside Palm Meadows

Me and some cows


Off to collect the water for the day

a regular Indian hourse


Running passed this everywhere

garbage everywhere - bangalore is renowned for it.

smile - the white lady is running by

anyone for scaffolding??

the footpaths are a hazard int themselves

watermelons ??

garbage collection.....

that is a stray dog on the road :(

then 5km later, I am back in the PM gates - argh...

time for Australia day celebrations with Pavlova


Alison and I have a catch up.


No comments:

Post a Comment