Tuesday, 21 January 2014

The horrible reality we have to live with

A couple of weeks ago there was a story in the paper here about a stray dog being found eating the body of a baby near a hospital in India.  Some passer-by saw the dog run off with the headless body of the little girl. 
It was not clear whether the dog killed the child or was carrying a body carelessly thrown away near the hospital.  What was clear was that the baby had been abandoned and probably because she was a girl.  

Hospital staff said that tight security was now in place at the hospital to try and reduce the number of these instances occurring.  This particular hospital said that they hand over the bodies of dead infants to their relatives to avoid this happening - cannot believe they even have to make that statement. 
 I suppose the key aspect here is that the is baby was abandoned because she was a girl........ unbelievable !!  

This is the second time I have read about this whilst here - back in August a little baby girl was found abandoned near a hospital and people rescued her before the stray dogs got to her.  Luckily, she managed to survive.  I also heard of a story where a family left their baby while they did there washing near a sewerage drain and a dog grabbed their daughter.  They were able to rescue the baby and they managed to get her to a nearby hospital but were refused treatment because they didn't have the money.  The baby died before they made it to the public hospital nearby.  

I have no idea how these things can change - the mentality is just so different to what we are used too.  I think I may stop reading the paper for a few weeks.......

No comments:

Post a Comment