Tuesday, 28 January 2014

It's just not quite right…..

Today's blog is a pure whinge. I am sick of ordering or asking for something in India and just not getting anything near what I asked for.  My first example was our date night a couple of weeks ago and Mike went to order a bottle of wine. The wine list was reasonably extensive so he took his time and ended up choosing a nice Australian red. The waiter came and took his order only to return with the wine list in his hand. 'Sir, not available.' Ok, so Mike looks again, and selects a French red. He dutifully leaves only to return again with 'Sir, not available.' He then tried to convince us to have an Indian wine...... Argh no thanks.  So, Mike continues to look again - getting to know the wine list off by heart. Next thing, the waiter returns with 3 bottles of wine wrapped in cling wrap!?!?!?  Yep, individually wrapped up in cling film.  Why , I am not sure, why? Sicily, France or Chile sir - Sicily it is !  But no Australia..... Why even bothering having a wine list if this is the outcome.

The second example is the constant disappointment when you open a pack of crisps, crackers, cookies….. they are always in a thousand pieces.  Below are some pictures of a pack of biscuits from last week and our Taco Shells which ended up being more like corn chip crumbs.  Eating these is impossible - or at least extremely messy.  It is so frustrating to go and hunt out the food you need and then when you get them home they are just crumbs !!

What is more frustrating is I can show you why this happens - the photo below these is at our local store.  I was waiting for Max at the bus stop today and this is what I saw.  The unpacking of the truck was done by men throwing boxes, dropping boxes and then throwing again.  No wonder we now live on crumbs.

First world problems, I know…….

Chocolate crumbs anyone ?

Tacos or Corn Chips?


At the shop today.



My third and final example was buying two teak coloured side tables online.  They arrived and they are defiantly NOT teak in colour !!  The colour of these table is natural timber - so frustrating ….



No comments:

Post a Comment