Sunday, 11 August 2013

Day 1 at school

The boys were so cute last night - they couldn't sleep from all the excitement of going to school today. Jack was still awake at 9pm - which is SO late for him !!  I tossed and turned all night, I suppose I was as anxious as they were and I so want them to love this school and make some lovely friends. I saw the clock at every hour and turned the alarm off before it even rang.

5.30am start nowdays - wow that is early.  I put on my gym gear, turned a few lights on in the hallway and in the boys bathroom, and then went downstairs to check emails etc.  I could hear Max say: "Jack, Jack wake up, its a school day !!"  Max was very excited and bounded out of bed - well climbed out of the loft bed...... and came downstairs wide awake and ready for brekkie.

Both boys scoffed down breakfast and then raced upstairs for teeth, hair and uniform. We were ready in record time and 10 minutes early to walk up to the bus stop at the clubhouse.  We were happy to see lots of children up at this early hour ready to catch the bus to Stonehill.  There are 3 buses that go each day, and we may need to request a change of bus to be nearer some of the kids in the boys classes.

So on they jumped and waved goodbye.  Jack was a little more hesitant than Max, but no tears or problems going on the bus - today !  I then proceeded to go for a long run to start my new health and fitness regime - happy days all around.

At 1.40pm I drove up to the school (well Anthony drove me) to bring them home. I won't do it every day but it was nice to see them with all their new friends and to say Hi to the teachers.

Day one went great - lots of soccer, running around, and some good writing exercises. They both told me it's better than their old school, so let's hope that lasts.  We got home, and they were straight on their bikes, and then playing football with the other boys in the street.

Lets hope this good day is the first of many. xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment