Monday, 16 September 2013

Really ? A rat on the bus ??

Apparently, this morning on the boy's bus to school there was a rat travelling along for the ride.  Another mum mentioned it to me before the bus arrived back and I nearly screamed - I hate rats, but who doesn't - right ??

Well, I asked the boys about it, and they just casually said 'oh yeah it was at the front of the bus'.  Not a care in the world.........  and then Max said 'it did a pee in the bus mum but only at the front' - What the  ???? Of course, Max thought it was great that there was urine flowing through the bus.

Sadly, I am more shocked at my boy's reaction than I am at there being a rat on a school bus to a renowned International School !  

Not five minutes earlier, I was told of a snake being found in the backyard of one of the Swedish families.  "Oh, it is dead now, so no problems but it had a green cross marked on its back", they said.  I replied with 'sorry?' The response:  "oh that means its deadly" !!

Last week I was in the garden and showing Mike something and I saw something move in the tree.  I looked up and saw a furry head and ears - jumped and squealed "RAT !!"  Mike looked a bit harder and said, "no Sus, its a squirrel"   ooops.........  still looks rat-like to me !!

I cannot believe how India is making us adapt - I will still squeal every time but maybe not so loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment