Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Birthday Preparations

It's been a very long week and it's only Tuesday night! The boys both have birthdays this week and we are having a small get together at our house on Saturday to celebrate. I have been sick again and am now on antibiotics for a severe throat infection and being rundown (apparently....) I really didn't want to ever have to venture into an Indian hospital but unfortunately I'm becoming a regular!

Another unfortunate thing is the boys grand plans for a smorgasbord of familiar food at their party, which can only mean 'work and stress' for Susie. I had been told of a place called 1 MG Road where you can buy 'everything'!! Well, I definitely use that term lightly these days.... It's a mystical place full of familiar brands and foods. So I decided to venture there today to see of it was as magical as it sounded.

The 90 minute car drive got me in the mood - not! So I decided to do a spot of window shopping first - found a couple of cute elephants that I have put aside in case I get invited back to another Pokeno night!!

Venturing in to the foodhall and I was immediately grinning having found Illy coffee. Then rice bubbles, Celebrations chocolates, old elpaso Mexican mixes, Vegemite, 100's and 1000's, nice looking fruit & veggies, filo pastry, hp sauce...... It was actually nice to wander around. Usually I am in and out as quick as I can - which, ironically is never quick enough because of the 'Indian way of shopping'.

I didn't get everything i needed but it was better than when I started..... And we should be able to have sausage rolls, rice bubble snacks, fairy bread, hotdogs and lolly bags!! What more can the boys want? Oh, and the obligatory beer and G&T's for the parents were already sorted!!

Now, I just need to get healthy !!

No comments:

Post a Comment