One of the very common things done here in Palm Meadows is to have an open house for certain handmade goods from India. Like a tupperware party but nowhere near as formal or expensive - oh and way more unique !!
Today I went to an open house for the Calcutta Cloth Man and Plum Tree Shoes. Both have amazing products that I can very happily recommend. I am happy to place orders for anyone that wants things and I can either post back to Australia or try and get them back with people visiting, or if you can wait, I will be back in June next year. (sorry about all the pictures again, but its the best way to 'show it off')
So what do they have ??
Plum Tree Shoes
These shoes are all handmade here in Bangalore. You can choose the pattern, colours, heals etc. So if you like a particular pattern but don't want that colour, you can change it. If you want a heal, rather than flat, that can be arranged. They also do little girls shoes - so for those of you with girl who love sandals, this is your man. The cost is about 2500 rupees per pair ($42) a little bit more for some.
I have bought two pairs recently and just love them - very comfortable and seem to be handling the Indian conditions well.
So if you are interested, I would be more than happy to place an order for you - all I need is your foot traced and sent through to me, and can put in the order. Just tell me which style, which colours, which heal (strap, flat, wedge, small heal etc) and I can send it through.
 |
| Photo 1 |
 |
| Photo 2 |
 |
| Photo3 |
 |
| Photo 11 |
 |
| Photo 4 |
 |
| Photo5 |
 |
| Photo 6 |
 |
| Photo 7 |
 |
| Photo 8 |
 |
| Photo 9 this was a little girls one |
 |
| Photo 10 |
 |
| Photo 12 - more little girls shoes |
 |
| Another pair of mine |
 |
| These are mine |
Calcutta Cloth Man
The Calcutta Cloth man comes down to Bangalore a few times a year to show his wares and then returns to get the items hand made. His work is beautiful and he can pretty much make anything you want. Tablecloths, sheets, doona sets, napkins, baby items, the list is endless.
Today was the first day I have seen his work and I can highly recommend it. I have attached some photos of the things he does but I am sure if you have something in mind, he can do it. Correct measurements are the key, particularly for sheets and doonas. Let me know if there is anything you want made and I can find out costs etc. As a guide, I bought the Christmas table runner, large round table cloth with white on white embroidery with napkins, large rectangular tablecloth with embroidery for 6000 rupees ($100)
You can look him up on Facebook to see some more of his things - just search for Kolkata Cloth Man.
 |
| Some of his work |
 |
| tablecloth sets, any design can be embroider |
 |
| I'm going to get these made as my Indian souvenir |
 |
| More table cloth patterns |
 |
| napkins and doilies |
 |
| Pillow cases with peacocks |
 |
| My Christmas Table runner |
 |
| Kay Nairn - this is your round table cloth I bought |
 |
| My rectangular table cloth |
 |
| linen sample |
 |
| embroidery sample |
 |
| Napkin ideas |
 |
| more doona options |
 |
| linen |
 |
| all things can be added - lovely ideas as baby gifts etc. |
No comments:
Post a Comment