Saturday, 5 October 2013

Neighbours of the 'not so nice kind'

Yesterday there was much excitement in Palm Meadows as the owners of a house on the boundary fence (I will come to this important fact later) made a call to the 'PM helpdesk' and asked for the snake man. A very large cobra was in there side garden.
This is probably only the second one for the season and it was a good one!!  The forum website has been running hot with comments on the snake but this morning there was an absolute doozy from a local Indian resident.  Apparently it is so sad that we don't have many snakes around anymore, we have scared them off with our way of life, chemicals and pesticides - I say fantastic !!  The fewer time I have to ring the snake or rat man while we're here the better!

We've been told that excess foliage around the house, being near the boundary wall and not having cats around are a sure way of having the snakes come for a visit. Luckily we are not near the boundary, the boys soccer skills keep the plants 'trimmed' and the neighbours have cats. Hopefully we'll be ok. My next major task is to ensure the boys keep the doors closed - particular the ones to the balconies off the bedrooms. I've heard stories of people going upstairs to bed to find snakes in their beds having come from the trees, onto the balcony and then into the house. Yikes !! 






No comments:

Post a Comment