I was so excited to be invited back to Pokeno - I must have been well behaved the first time !! And what better October theme than Halloween!!
With so many Americans here it was great to go to someone's house who LOVES Halloween!! Trish is that lady - plastic spiders in the ice cubes, cobwebs all over the house, skeletons, creepy music..... The works!
I went as you're fairly standard witch - some would say my daily uniform of black. We had a few witches, a packet if M&Ms, a gorgeous china doll, a cute baby girl, a bearded Red Sox player, Dracula, a devil, and some of the new players decided that desperate housewives are the go! (They didn't get the theme memo!!)
After my first Pokeno visit and win, I was not counting on being as successful again but hooray - I won one of the 12 fabulous gifts !! This time it was a gorgeous necklace and earrings along with 100 tampons - I won't try and explain why, but let's just say, we are all expat women living in India with questionable indian supplies. I was concerned I might be mugged on the way home by another expat for my win!
It is so great to meet and get to know this wonderful group of ladies, we all have such different backgrounds but are all going through the same 'issues' here. I also got to meet another lovely neighbour who I'm sure will be a regular social companion.
Another great night and now we are backing up tonight for a 70s Halloween party - oh my sore head.... I think I'm getting old !!
No comments:
Post a Comment