The main exercise attire is a sari and reeboks, and for those of you who have worn one (even to our farewell party) you will know that as comfortable as they are, they really can't be easy to exercise in.
But then I looked a bit closer and realised that these people are not exercising to lose weight or run a marathon. They are exercising for piece of mind !! What a unique idea - doh!!
So, I gave it a go. I turned the ipod off andIi walked. Not run, walked, and took the time to look around and take in the beautiful day. There was no need for an iPod or iPhone or any other distraction, just the peace that came with being alive and outside.
It won't be my daily exercise regime (that's for sure), but I have to say how lovely it was for me, who is always rushing here or there, to just enjoy a long walk and be peaceful. And I may keep to normal workout gear - saris are 'way fancy'!! (Max's description)
Maybe I'll become all 'zen'!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment