Friday, 19 July 2013

Food glorious food

Oh, how the Nairn's love their food and a good curry is high on the list. The boys have always loved 'mum's' curry but venturing into the world of traditional Indian currys was always something we were nervous about. But I'm happy to say they are being very good and trying most things. It's always good for them to try a bit of mum and dads and then next time they give it a go, solely for themselves.

With Jack's peanut allergy, we are always cautious eating out but with the phenergan and Epipen on hand, all is good. We have already had some good Indian meals, but I have to say tonight, in our new house, it was lovely to have a home cooked meal and sit at a table and relax together - it's been a while.  It was only chicken burritos and salad but the boys loved it and I have to say it hit the spot. There's nothing quite like a home cooked meal.

Now that we are unpacked (well, sort of) my next trip is to the meat shop (named Frosty's). This will be an experience in itself but after seeing the local "chicken shop" I am seriously considering vegetarianism. The chicken shops are open huts with small cages out the front with very sad looking chickens inside. If you look a little further inside the shed, the 'butcher' is hacking at chicken flesh on a wooden bench - no refrigeration or health standards to be seen....... I think I'll pass. I won't even mention the 'mutton shop'.
Please enjoy that lovely rump steak tonight, we'll be thinking, and drooling for you. x

No comments:

Post a Comment