Saturday, 6 July 2013

Goodbye Leela Palace, Hello Palm Meadows

Our move from the hotel to our new home in Palm Meadows has begun.  We are now staying in an apartment in the gated community  where we are going to be living .  We are staying at the ‘clubhouse’ which gives us the access to the 4 pools, tennis courts and gym = very happy family.  It also means we have more space outside without having to get the driver to take us everywhere.  I can hear you all saying – “how dare we feel sorry for you guys living in India ?  slumming it ? I think not !!”

However, am going to have a whinge - I am SO sick of eating out – cannot wait to have a kitchen and cook a meal.  Once again, I hear you saying – Susie are you crazy?  I am looking to head to the local supermarket in the gated community to get some bread, butter, am and vegemite to make the boys lunches for the next couple of days.  They can only eat so many burgers, fries and pizzas - don't tell them I said that.  I have had an upset stomach the last couple of days, so I am avoiding all types of salads etc until I am able to make them myself.  The food has been wonderful but even Max has said he is missing my dinners :)

Oh, and to unpack my suitcases !!   Wow, what an extravagance that will be since the 3rd June !!  These are only small things but they will make a big difference.

The boys seem to be ok with everything so far – taking it all in their stride.  All the swimming they are getting to do each day, helps a lot.  And there is always something to look at that is new and different.  They are a huge hit with all the staff, with their big toothie grins and pale skin.  Trying to teach them to get the waiters name and use it is a whole different matter !

Today’s highlight for Max was a truck full of wood that had 2 people sleeping on top as it drove through the city.  (see below) Jack couldn’t believe the kids having a half day of school on a Saturday – that is the local schools not the International school.  The boys don’t start school until the 12th August.

The weather is great at the minute, today is about 28 degress and we are by the pool watching the footie and rugby.  Not sure how I am going to go when I go back to work and the boys are at school but for now we are all ok.  Missing family and friends loads, but looking to make new friends very soon. xxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment