Friday, 19 July 2013

My first Indian Car accident

So I have been saving the horribly boring shopping trips to do on Saturdays so that the boys don't have to come with me. Today I was venturing off to get a few things for the house ( now that our stuff has arrived - yeh!) Anthony and I braved the Saturday traffic (never will I complain of Saturday Sydney sports traffic again) and head off to 'Hometown'.

As expected it was mayhem on the roads but we moved along surprisingly well. We then had to turn off and merge with other traffic onto a main road. As we were turning, a bus came too fast around the corner and ran into my side of the car. A bit shaken but all ok, Anthony then moves us to the side and goes to discuss the incident with the bus driver (mobile phone with camera in hand!!).

As I sat and waited for Anthony to 'negotiate' the cost of the damage, I gathered quite a crowd staring at the white lady in the dented car.  Apparently you avoid insurance at all costs - however the 5000 rupees ($91 AUD) was not going to cover it - what a surprise ?The bus driver looked about 14 years old - first drive out I think - poor thing, but he left quite swiftly. Not to worry, Anthony had his details.......

The car is leased, so we had to go and get the car assessed before Anthony had to drive 1.5 hours away to get the car fixed - and it should be returned by Tuesday before work - how crazy is that?!!! 

Anthony was very upset today, as he thought he might get fired because of the accident - 'Sir will not be happy, Madam'!! So sweet but all is good.

Lets hope this is the first and last accident. x

No comments:

Post a Comment