I have been very lucky to have had the last 2 months off work while we have been moving. Very rarely do we have the opportunity (without being sick) to take this amount of time off and know that permanent work is waiting for us at the end. The pressure of not knowing when money will come again has not been there, which has been great. I have been able to spend without worrying about the bank balance - within reason .....
It has been a hugely busy time with our move but I have enjoyed the opportunity to spend some 'normal' time with the boys. We have had our fair share of arguments but overall I think they've like having me at their beck and call - who wouldn't?! We have had some adventures and also some nice time just relaxing together.
That all ends this Thursday - back to work for me !! It's going to be a hard couple of weeks at first with the boys not starting school until the 12th August - so I will be relying on the boys behaving and listening to Lydia while I'm working. Then when school starts we will settle into a more normal routine.
Many of the wives do not work here in Palm Meadows so it will be different for me having another outlet for my time. I suppose there'll be less blogging too !! In a wierd kind of way I'm looking forward to having a schedule again.
But for now I think I'll go for another swim with the boys. (Yes, it is a bit overcast today but still warm)
No comments:
Post a Comment